Best worklight?

Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to arrange things so that I can work in natural daylight.

From personal experience, can anyone suggest which type of LED overhead lamp would be best suited.

Round, or square, 300mm or so and, preferably, as thin as possible. 

Thanks.

There's a long LED lamp sold by a number of horology houses. Mark Lovick uses one in his videos after a certain point for reference, and I think he even talks about it briefly in one video. 

The thought process that has resonated with me is that an elongated light across one's work station and over the task at hand helps mitigate shadows cast by hands and tools. Brighter is better.

That said, I have an old Edison style desk lamp with an LED bulb in it, because it's what I had, the above mentioned light is over $100, and I believe it requires a separate base or a bench mount of some sort that I don't have/isn't practical for me at the moment.

12 hours ago, KarlvonKoln said:

Thought about getting an "OTT lamp" (imitates natural sunlight) but they're a little pricey so I haven't yet.

You can get natural light LED bulbs and tubes which are very economical and practical to arrenge a working, studying or living area. It's just a mid range white temperature, nothing special about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jdm said:

You can get natural light LED bulbs and tubes which are very economical and practical to arrenge a working, studying or living area. It's just a mid range white temperature, nothing special about. 

Thank you, sir. I hadn't done too much looking before, but if I can get them I will.  I am curious to see if there is much difference between them and the regular LEDs.

LED for sure nice light little  heat.I have a  nice  cheap  intertek 5005686. My wife got it somewhere. Probably  Walmart. It is nice for close  up work.It neither blinds me nor burns me and it let's me see WTH I am doing.