Krishan

Question

Hi, so I recently got a seiko 5 snk809 and it was working fine, I then decided to regulate it as it was losing about 1 minute a day. After I regulated it it was working fine then stopped so I shook it to wind it up and then it started working. After 5 minutes it stopped again so I wound it up and it would work but then stop after a couple of minutes. I checked to see if the watch was being winded and it was, so the watch had power but just wouldn't move, I dont know why this is, the watch has power but will only run for a minute or two when I shake it, this hasn't happened before to this watch, so if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Krishan said:

, so if anyone could help that would be great.

A watch repair could help you, but the cost would exceed the value of the watch. If you particularly like it you can buy a brand new NH35 movement for less than USD 30 and have it replaced.

8 minutes ago, jdm said:

A watch repair could help you, but the cost would exceed the value of the watch. If you particularly like it you can buy a brand new NH35 movement for less than USD 30 and have it replaced.

Hi thank you I have thought about that, do you know the best place to get that movement? I dont think I will take it to anyone as the watxh isnt worth that much, I think I'll try to fix it and if I cant I'll buy a new movement.

Do you know the best place to get a movement?

Thanks

Krishan

29 minutes ago, Krishan said:

Do you know the best place to get a movement?

It may depend on where you live, which you didn't say. However both Cousins UK and AliX ship worldwide. 

Edited by jdm

• Similar Content

• By CharDav
      Hi All
      Any ideas how I can improve the look of this calendar ring?
      The staining seems to have got underneath the lacquer.  I've not tried anything yet as I'm a little hesitant at using any liquid on it for fear of damaging the lacquer further.  i'm still learning...
      Many thanks

• By whim
      Hello to all,
      Can anyone help me to identify the pocket watch in the attached photos.
      Many thanks in advance
      Regards William

• By richiesgr
      Hi
      I've tried to service a tiny Seiko 2601 Automatic movement very small for me (18 mm)
      So I finished  yesterday all was ok I've rewinded and I was happy because the balance started I've not checked amplitude or precision (for me just ticking it's already something)
      Today I check and the watch have stopped and do not restart even when I rewind manually. 
      Now when I put the main spring back in the barrel I've broken the end part at the opposite side of the pinion it was like a V because I don't have a main  spring rewinder so I make it manually (Shame on me).
      So I suspect that the main spring is not clamped in the barrel and it's just spinning inside without giving any power to the movement.
      The question is what method can I use to check my assumption. Not forget It's an automatic movement.
      Thanks  
    • By Graziano
      Let's make February 2nd every year Lumaween were you show your lume monsters off and your lume jobs. What do you reckon?. 
      VID_20210202_191526.mp4
    • By RNS
      Good day all,
      I'm a recent 30 year retiree and elected to start cleaning some of my older watches that ended up in a box wrapped in a towel.  One in particular, a gift from my grandfather, began working with a new battery but the crystal appears foggy.
      I would appreciate specific instructions for removing the stem/ crown and cleaning the crystal from an 1980 Seiko with the 6030A movement.
      Thank you in advance.
      Regards,
      Rick