Can't put together Split Stem, in need of help!!

Hello dear watchmakers.

I have been working on Bulova 11accc handwound movement with split stem and accidentally had broken the female stem.

Luckily I ordered spare female stem and it arrived today. However I just can't fit the male stem in to the female stem from the case.

They fit well when they are slided in to each other. I believe with this movement, the male stem should be put from outside of the case 

with the movement+dial in side the case.

I am afraid I will break something in the watch if I apply more and more power trying to fit the stem.

Any tips would save me. 

Thank you. I always appreciate your generous advice.

KakaoTalk_20200630_215201719_02.thumb.jpg.6cd83e6de281c2033822f251d037129f.jpg 

KakaoTalk_20200630_215201719.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200630_215201719_01.jpg

28 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Can you line them up so you can slide the split stem on from the top when you put the movement back in the case .

Yes I feel that they are lined up but it won't go in..

I was able to install the stem this way with the last female stem(that I broke) without any problem.

Should I apply more power down the female stem?

4 hours ago, east3rn said:

Yes I feel that they are lined up but it won't go in..
I was able to install the stem this way with the last female stem(that I broke) without any problem.
Should I apply more power down the female stem?

Looks to me the holder ring is preventing the inner section to open slightly to accept the crwon. That is also a function of the shape  on the end, there must be a chamfer for that. So try again what was suggested above, you can slight file the parts needed for them to mesh better, either laterally or frontally.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, rogart63 said:

Can you line them up so you can slide the split stem on from the top when you put the movement back in the case .

On 7/1/2020 at 2:58 AM, jdm said:

Looks to me the holder ring is preventing the inner section to open slightly to accept the crwon. That is also a function of the shape  on the end, there must be a chamfer for that. So try again what was suggested above, you can slight file the parts needed for them to mesh better, either laterally or frontally.

I figured out that I have the short version of this stem and I need longer version of this..

It is very slightly longer ( about 1 ,2 mm).. I think I should get the right stem.

Thank you for your advice!

• Like 1