Clock Collectors Near Great Yarmouth?

rodabod

1 hour ago, luiazazrambo said:

My offer of £80 was accepted. Thank you for this. I am excited, will pick them up at the weekend if it is good for the seller.

Let us known if it is a Elliott double face , I think there is a good chance it could be,

http://www.antiqueclockprice.com/elliott-double-sided-fusee-post-office-clock.html

Hi *, I met Bill yesterday, he is a former clockmaker and a very nice gentleman. Unfortunately I could not spend much time with him due to the COVID situation but i am hoping I could go back and have a drink with him once the danger is no longer around us. The GPO clock is I think not the one you would have hoped for, but I am very happy because now I have loads of stuff I can practice on. There is even a cuckoo clock there what I always wanted as we had one when I was a kid. We had a nice picnic at the see, and I even found a ring with my metal detector there. :)

DSC_0488.JPG

DSC_0489.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

DSC_0492.JPG

DSC_0493.JPG

DSC_0494.JPG

DSC_0495.JPG

DSC_0496.JPG

DSC_0497.JPG

DSC_0498.JPG

DSC_0499.JPG

DSC_0500.JPG

DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

DSC_0503.JPG

DSC_0504.JPG

DSC_0505.JPG

DSC_0506.JPG

IMG_20200704_161222.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, watchweasol said:

That lot will keep you busy for while, where are you going to keep them, mine are all over the house and in the workshop. No room for any more now.

The only dry and safe place for them is the attic. I put them in cardboard boxes and cover them with blankets for the time being. There are two main reasons why most of them are just sitting there. 1., no time 2., no knowledge 

I still ruin too many things and I don't want to practice on clocks which are too nice to be wasted. Some of the things I got have no value, not just economically but no knowledge or very little can be gained by playing with them, I shall sell them or give them away as space is also a problem after a while. I also need to practice patience, i hope age will strengthen it instead of weakening that side of me. There is a lot of space for improvement on that. ?