Hi, can you help me ? :)

Swees

Hi there!

I’m new here, and I’m introducing to you. I’m 20 and I want to be a watchmaker/repair. I’m a beginner, I’m watching some videos (a lot after all) and I want to learn. But the problem is: I live in France and in my region, I can’t find people who’s accepting me to learn the job with them, even for a week. Only few professionals answer me and told me to introduce my self to repair. But I’m lost. I don’t know what to buy or even what to do by myself to get introduce to watches. During my researches I find this website, and I find an opportunity to move forward with my project.

So I’m asking, can you make me a simple tutorial to introduce me to your world. I’ve experience with computers and small repair tools.

Sorry for my English, I’m trying my best.

Best Regards,

Swees

Hello and welcome Swees.  As Nucejoe says you are in the right place. Our sponsor/Administrator has some video courses which enable you to become competent in the art of watch repair. I believe there are some free introductory lessons/videos to enable you to gain an insight as to what is required. So my suggestion is for you to start there have a look and then ask questions.   I have attached two documents you might find interesting to read for starters.         Cheers

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 1730319243_QAStudentWatchmaker.pdf