Can I fit this MS into the barrel?

Hey guys. I'm repairing a Universal 42 movement which‘s mainspring is broken. I did find cousins is selling the mainspring that fit the barrel but the shipping cost to my country is too high.

The information about the MS:

image.png.0d476c7bb849a922aeda08ce288c3beb.png

However, I found my local store is selling the mainspring of Rolex 1600 with a very decent price. The size is below:

image.png.50f396ce31850e5962d2f6deddf2b186.png

Can I fit this mainspring inside the universal's barrel? And this one is slightly thicker and longer. Would it be too powerful for the movement?

Thank you!

image.png

Sorry to disagree with most of the comments here, but:

Height is 0.8 vs 0.9 - possibly problematic in terms of the spring twisting or rubbing the barrel/cap. Negligible loss in strength. 

Thickness is 0.103 vs 0.1 - in most likelihood the same. And even if there was 3% greater thickness, it would be negligible and compensate for shorter height. 

Length is 285 vs 260 - 10% longer. This will make little difference. Might shorten the running time slightly by consuming more space in the barrel and make negligible difference to strength. 

• Like 1

Sorry to disagree with most of the comments here, but:
Height is 0.8 vs 0.9 - possibly problematic in terms of the spring twisting or rubbing the barrel/cap. Negligible loss in strength. 

Thickness is 0.103 vs 0.1 - in most likelihood the same. And even if there was 3% greater thickness, it would be negligible and compensate for shorter height. 

Length is 285 vs 260 - 10% longer. This will make little difference. Might shorten the running time slightly by consuming more space in the barrel and make negligible difference to strength. 

Thanks for your suggestion. So overall, do you think it worth taking a shot or just go for the original one.