Bezel and retaining ring stuck together

Hello fellow watch enthusiasts,

I have an issue that I am hoping someone will have some input on. I have removed a bezel from a Submariner (16803) and surprisingly it came off with the retaining ring stuck to it. Now I don't know how to proceed with separating the bezel and retainer. The insert is brand new and I am reluctant to fiddle with it and damage it. 

I am assuming that the retaining ring was not held in place properly either because the crystal is aftermarket or the retainer has stretched/loosened. Now that it's stuck to the bezel I am at a loss of how to separate them without risking damage to the insert.
If anyone has any idea on how to proceed I would really appreciate the help.

IMG_7917 2.jpg

In case anyone has the same issue and reads this, I managed to get everything separated without damaging the insert by following a tip someone suggested in another forum. I ran everything in warm soapy water in the ultrasonic, and that seemed to agitate the insert enough I could stick a screwdriver under the insert and pry it off without damaging it. Then it was easy enough the separate the bezel and retainer.