Making a watch run backwards?

3 hours ago, jdm said:

"Haute Horlogerie" and all that. I call crazy the gullible rich that let them reap such absurd profits.

LOL! That's a whole separate thread we could start for a rant-a-thon! But there are enough people out there prepared to pay big bucks for something different.

Was reading an interesting article on the trend for watch customisations. If you really fancy venting your spleen check out https://www.brownsfashion.com/uk/shopping/man/mad-paris

It's not like it's hurting the rest of us. It's not like they're selling snake oil either. People who buy this stuff know what they're paying for. As long as there's not deception involved I don't see the problem here.

Edited by CaptCalvin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AshF said:

Cousins have started to sell backwards quartz movements and reverse dials.

Complete watches are less than $20, and nothing special.

Still I appreciate more the taste of the person that wears one of these rather than a digital Casio (it's incredible how many I see), or nothing at all.

Vsauce, of YouTube fame owns a backward running quartz. He visited "Adam Savage's, Tested" shop and Adam and him compared watches. Adam has an omega "beater", a problem I wish I had! lol. It's pretty clear the Vsuace is not a watch enthusiast, given the rough handling he gave Adam's watch while he was looking it over. He shows off the backwards watch HERE and the entire video is worthy of a watch HERE as well.

Edited by FLwatchguy73