Is this a redone dial or a fake????

Hi all

I have had this offered to me by a third party but would like some second opinions before even considering it. The dial looks like a fake in my opinion as the finish just seems a little rough. The movement on the other hand looks okay from what I can see and I have also seen other similar Vacheron movements without the Geneva seal. They plastic on the back is what makes me think it’s 100% wrong as a watch of this age would surely never have this intact. I have zero experience with this brand so if I have asked any silly questions I apologies in advance.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the sticker has it been serviced by Vacheron ? these film stickers are placed on watches by the service centers of many watch manufactures to protect refinished cases on its journey back to the customer, there was a vogue especially in the 1970's for sparkle dials I had a Omega seamaster with just such a finish to the dial.

The main question is why do people who want to sell expensive watches take such crap pictures:pic:

Being that I just helped a friend buy a V&C from the late fifties, early sixties, I know more about them then I did a few months ago. It looks like the C1003, right? During my queries about her C1002, I was told that those C1003's are a bit of a pain to work on. At least the mainspring is, as it's some sort of suspended barrel.

IMO, the movement is sure legit. To my eye, the dial does look refinished. However, something about the case/dial/band/buckle combo seems to tell me it may be an older movement in a newer (seemingly legit) case, with what might be a newer dial. Tough call from what I can see. The dial does look a bit plain to me, but it might be its newness, and less classic look from the factory. You'd have to compare it to newer V&C's. That's all I got. Good luck.

Edited by MrRoundel