Removing broken off oscillating weight axle?

Hello again, I recently got this Hudson 17J Automatic in the mail. Inside, it had a Pronto AS 1361N movement. It cleaned up nicely, I think.

banda.thumb.jpg.361ed76903638821e668c5c86f7c38ca.jpg

The rotor was very wobbly and I found that the oscillating weight axle had broken, with the majority of the axle stuck inside the rotor.  

resize01.thumb.jpg.8999954090080d370a5bd57ac3ff102d.jpg

I can find a replacement oscillating weight axle, but I'd like to keep the original rotor, if possible. Does anyone know of a safe and simple means of removing the remaining bit of axle from the rotor? 

On the AS1361 the rotor is retained by this plate. Once removed the rotor should lift off.

1361.jpg.3fb717618bb71574b42867c12563c937.jpg

In your case as the retaining plate does not seem to be present the pivot should push out with minimal force.

Anilv

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the OWA issue: I ordered a new replacement part for the watch and it arrived a few days ago. Thanks to Watchweasol's tech sheet, the installation and lubrication went very smoothly. Had I the attention span of a grapefruit, I would have noted in Watchweasol's tech sheet the sole, but crucial difference between the AS1361 and the AS1361N: the diameter of the oscillating weight axle has been increased on the New version of this movement. Of course, I didn't notice and I ordered a part for the old version. Now I have an attached, albeit very wobbly rotor and it's all going back into the To Do drawer until an inexpensive parts movement turns up. 

Thank you, Watchweasol for the tech sheet, and thank you MaverickWaz for the advice on using my staking set to remove the old axle, it worked a charm. 

Hudson.rotor.thumb.jpg.5aa115f68120fd3a570bfa47b36a3423.jpg