Seiko 7002 bezel issue

Hi all, got a new bezel inesert today, when I popped off the ring I noticed that the ball had fell out of its seating. I tried to push it back but it can’t get back in it’s seat, it just keeps Going down and up. Anyone with any knowledge know how to fix this. 

now it just roughly slides

image.jpg

See if you can fit the bezel anyway, like a small piece of tape holding the ball, and then the bezel breaks it.

Otherwise you need to close the hole with a proper hard punch, that can be easier said than done.

Edited by jdm

To add to JDM's post, you need another person to help you, one guy holds the case steady and holds the ballbearing down with a piece of pegwood or wooden toothpick. The other guys then hits the edge of the well to close the edges .. two hits opposite each other should be sufficient.

I never had issues with the ballbearing sitting too high but I can imagine it would be possible. My worry is you may have excessive play in the bezel, ie too much up-down movement. Check this by installing the bezel without the ballbearing and its spring.

Anilv