Screwdriver Stands

eccentric59

My "beginner" set of screwdrivers weren't that great, but with better blades they got me through. Now I just keep them on my office desk for quick adjustments (okay ... it's more of a horological paperweight than anything else) but the stand it came with always bugged me. It was downright ugly and felt more like a pepper grinder when i spun it. So, me being a cross between Rube Goldberg and Emmit Brown, I decided to make one. Several prototypes later this is what I came up with.

The 3D model and the actual print.

The bearings are for a pair of sealed bearings for skate wheels and the inserts are removable so the size can match the color between screwdriver brands. The base is weighted and i found that it also holds my Bergeon set just fine, if that stand ever needs to be replaced.

screwdrvstand.jpg

screwdrvmodel.jpg

screwdrvonly.jpg

• Like 3

Nice work.  I've been thinking about printing some tool stands out.  Tweezers, oilers, hand pushers etc could all have stands or cases.  Bespoke movement holders would be another nice project.  I recently bought a dial support and then thought I could have just printed one.

• Like 1

I already printed out a stand/tray for my oilers and cups as well as one for tweezers, pin vise, pegwood, etc, but those are nothing special. Just basic geometric shapes. Very utilitarian, but not too aesthetically pleasing. The screwdriver stand required a different level of thought and engineering.