Removing screw links

Hi there, 

I’m having a really difficult time getting the screw links out of my Nixon Faucet and now my new Fossil watch. I’ve watched a bunch of videos on how to remove this type of link from watches, but none of them look like these. For one, a lot of the screw links I’ve seen in the video are flush to the link and seem to be in tight. Also, many of them have those arrows pointing to which side to take it out from. Neither of my watches are like that. In both cases, the screws are sunk in below the end of the link, there are screws on both sides of the link and no arrows, and finally and most frustrating, the screws don’t feel tightly screwed. I have no trouble twisting them. But I can twist em all day long and not have them move at all to come out. I was following the ol ‘righty tighty, lefty loosey’ thing as I expected was proper but hasn’t done a thing to get the screws out of either watch, so I tried breaking the rules and going other way, figuring the worst could happen is I’d tighten it but it still hasn’t gotten me anywhere. Can someone please give me some advice? Any tips or tricks you can think of cuz my idea tank is outta gas. Ha 

Thanks in Advance,

holly

Maybe its the same as this. I recently removed some links from a MICHAEL KORS watch which I was told is part of the Fossil group. Althought they looked like screws on  closer inspection they were actually split pins. On the inside you should see some links marked with an arrow. This is the direction they come out. 

• Like 1

Hi they look like push out pins the split end does look like a screw head as clockboy said look for the arrow marks indicating which way the come out.        the pin remover as shown makes it easy. On ebay about a £10               cheers

pin remover.jpg