AS 2066 question

Hi All

I'm still a beginner reassembling an AS 2066.  The stem has three positions: wind, date set, and hand set.  Mainspring and bridge are in but not the click or the pallet fork.  When I pull the stem to the third position and turn the mainspring will also turn either way depending on crown turn.  Should it?  Below is the repair instructions (would love to find more like it).

Thank you

Charlie

AS 2066.pdf

I think it may have something to do with what they are calling the "large driving wheel & notched set wheel" which is below.  It's two gears on one pinion and both can move independently.  My guess is that the low gear (forefront) sets the hands.  While that's occurring the top gear, which is part of the train wheels, is also moving.  My guess is that should not move.  But what's to prevent it? 

Charlie

IMG_4518.thumb.JPG.3746e1e563d1007916fc8fdf0ebdae67.JPG

IMG_4518.JPG

Their stuck in rodico.  This part is "new" from the supply house.  I tried to remove the gears on the old one and lost that clip at the end.  Now I see that the repair instructions say "cannot be disassembled, available only as a unit".  I did oil the seam between the two gears.  I suspect there's still too much friction.  If that's the cause, how do I remedy it?

2 minutes ago, Lc130 said:

Their stuck in rodico.  This part is "new" from the supply house.  I tried to remove the gears on the old one and lost that clip at the end.  Now I see that the repair instructions say "cannot be disassembled, available only as a unit".  I did oil the seam between the two gears.  I suspect there's still too much friction.  If that's the cause, how do I remedy it?

Should have some friction . So do not over oil. Just a tiny bit so it's not metal to metal . As that will destroy the friction in no time . That is instead of the cannon pinion . AS 1950 and zodiac 70 and a lot of other movement use the same construction . Haven't tried it without the pallet fork. But i think it can have that effect if you try to wind it up. Rotor only turn one direction when you put it back . And the other way it will freewheel .  So put the movement back together and you should see that it works fine. 

1 hour ago, rogart63 said:

Rotor only turn one direction when you put it back . And the other way it will freewheel .  So put the movement back together and you should see that it works fine. 

Not sure what you mean by this. 

I put the pallet fork in and there's no power in the main spring.  When I set the hands that torque goes through the wheel train and causes the pallet fork to shift back and forth.  Should this be the case?  Seems that if completely assembled that would cause a problem.