lafwatch

Mainspring ETA 7750

If you are talking about putting oil on the coils of the spring, personally I think you are fine not putting any oil at all. Greasing the barrel walls should be enough, put the new spring in, arbour in, and lid on. I am not sure what the ETA instructions guide says, but the difference in end result should be negligible

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Greasing the barrel walls should be enough, put the new spring in, arbour in, and lid on.

HP-1300 on the arbor, where barrel and lid turn is actually a good idea.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• A friend posted me this beautiful Services watch to work on.  Opened the back to have a quick look and saw that there was a lot of oil so quickly took the dial off...
    • This is amazing stuff.  I have been dragged into dial restoration by friends who've pleaded with me to save their watch faces, which had been chipped by a former technician or suffered from other damage or age. This is good stuff that I think I may need.  Thanks guys!  I am really glad I joined here.
    • Thank you, sir. I hadn't done too much looking before, but if I can get them I will.  I am curious to see if there is much difference between them and the regular LEDs.
    • Hi Came across this  chart of shock systems (pictorial) and thought it may be of interest to members.      Scrap that it didn't copy correctly.
    • Hi  and welcome to the forum Brad.  If you are not wanting to do a course (Marks courses are practical and Informative) you could do no better to Watch Marks Videos on U tube they will give you an insight as to what to expect. For starters I would not pull the Bulova to pieces I would get hold of some cheap possibly Russian movements to practice on before embarking on the real job. There are many books you can read on the subject. Henry Fried's book on electric watches and his on mechanical watches are a great starting point. Tools, one can fill a shed with them so just buy the basics you need, Loupe's, tweezers. screwdrivers get the best of these , ie A*F screwdrivers are adequate, Dumont tweezers are the best and will last a life time so armed, then into battle.  wish you well on your task.  There will be of  course other opinions but that's what the forum is about.