Vintage Seiko quartz (1969-1989)

This thread may be a flop, but at least it will give a couple of us a place to show off very specific parts of our collection. Please feel free to share your vintage JDM or export Seiko quartz watches here. I think 1969 to 1989 is a good range and a great period of time for Seiko quartz watches.

My first vintage, Seiko, JDM, quartz finally arrived from Japan today! It's a 1975 model 0923-8040G. I'm absolutely over the moon about it! The dark emerald green is one of the sexiest colors I've ever seen on a watch. The seller's pictures literally did it a disservice. I think, like @JohnD, I have a new addiction! I'll be adding more Seiko JDM's to my collection. Hopefully starting with a sleek blue one.

20200618_191331.thumb.jpg.f3e27d09b15b01a0908f42140b80230f.jpg

20200618_191342.thumb.jpg.aa02c75e899c3ae193043faa7fda5670.jpg

20200618_191640.thumb.jpg.c1355798da4411bc49009d15a734858f.jpg

20200618_191457.thumb.jpg.71c603b9835259fe7c8bf64c7b5eb9e3.jpg

This could just get a 'bit' picture heavy.....I haven't counted them for a while but I have at least 50........:startle:

Here is one to be going on with.....Its a 0903-8007 from January 1975....and as it has the 0903 movement it has a feature that I don't think any other Seiko movement has, a trio-lingual day wheel, in this case English, French and German.....

Seiko 0903-8007 wrist 5.jpg

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 2

I doubt that anyone will post up a picture of their 1969 Seiko Quartz on here as the only one that fits that bill is the original Astron and there are very few of them about.....;) Here's my earliest, August 1972 3803-7040....

Seiko 3803-7040 wrist.jpg

• Like 1

I'm on the hunt for a birth month and year for me. One of those things only I will know and appreciate, but nonetheless, i enjoy a challenge. There are a half dozen or so on eBay currently. Of those, only two stand out for me. A Grand Seiko and a King Seiko with only the King being somewhat reasonably priced. I sure wish that unknown, rich uncle would hurry up and die and then will me his fortune! :D

Edited by FLwatchguy73

1 hour ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

I'm on the hunt for a birth month and year for me. One of those things only I will know and appreciate, but nonetheless, i enjoy a challenge. There are a half dozen or so on eBay currently. Of those, only two stand out for me. A Grand Seiko and a King Seiko with only the King being somewhat reasonably priced. I sure wish that unknown, rich uncle would hurry up and die and then will me his fortune! :D

If the King Seiko that you are looking at is the 5625-7111, then there has to be nicer looking watches that fit the bill for about that 'reasonable price' (though that is still at least twice as much than I have ever paid for any watch!;)).....

I must admit the the Grand Seiko 5645-7010 does look much nicer, but it is just a 'tad' more expensive!!:startle:

Edited by JohnD

Given that you appear to be seeking March 1973, have you given any thought to one of the Seiko electronics? Either EL330's, Like my one here:- (though mine is an April 1972 one)..

azde77Y.jpg

or EL370's fit the bill .......

This one is spot on, with March 1973 serial number

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

but is an immaculate one and just a 'bit expensive'..........