How to remove protection ring from Vintage Strato

Buf

Hello everybody 

I am dealing with a vintage watch named Strato (bought on ebay in a lot, BTW if you have info about the brand you are welcome) 

I took out the movement, removed the hands, and I was going to take out the dial. 

I am not finding the way!!! 

There is a protective ring all around, no seeable screws, I don't want to force it. The ring can rotate for a while (20 °) clockwise and and in the other sense, but I can't see anything from the stem hole. 

Any idea or suggestion? 

Please see picture below

IMG-20200617-WA0005.jpeg

IMG_20200617_154445.jpg

IMG_20200617_154459.jpg

Hi Buf,

While I can't say I've ever worked on a Strato personally, one of my recent jobs was servicing a friends HMT. It seemed to be held by a single dial retention screw, the hole was there for the other just no sign of the screw, but removing these did nothing. Took me a while to figure out someone had glued the dial back on at some point . After a bit of gentle levering with some pegwood, I could see the dial was lifting but was pulled back down. I managed to free it using several bits of pegwood worked into the gap from opposite sides.

Looking at the picture of the rear of the movement, are the holes at the 1 and 7 o'clock positions for securing screws or are they the dial feet protruding slightly? Does the dial move at all if you apply gentle pressure to them? 

James

IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

It appears that there is still a movement spacer ring fitted to the movement, masking the edge of the movement and the dial foot screw holes.

As OH says it should just pull off as the clamping screws are absent.

Edited by Marc