Any info on this old Breitling?

My opinion would suggest it's a bit off (e.g franken) Looks like the dial has been stamped breitling and the bridge marked breitling is from a different movement. Hands look like they do not go with the dial.

However I am by no means a expert in breitlings, waiting on more experts to chime in

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Amazingly I was trying to identify what seems to be the same movement only last week! 

My thoughts, like HSL, were that it was a Landeron, but a 47 or 48. however each has subtle differences that don't quite match, The small notch out of the balance bridge for the movement retaining screw being one, and the triangular shaped spring stud just on the other side of that same screw being the other.

Attached are some pics of mine. Found in an old box amongst some junk which I think used to belong to my grandfather. Mine is branded "Richard", had lost it's crystal long ago, but it appears it may have an 18ct case. Amazingly, despite the condition, the balance seems to have survived intact... it even had a weak attempt at running following a light wind, so whoever made it, it seems pretty bombproof (possibly literally! :-) 

2020-04-17 19.16.56-1.jpg

2020-04-19 22.21.53-1.jpg

Edited by Vacheron7

After a bit of Googling it seems like Breitling used the Landeron 50 in the 50's, I'm not sure if Breitling used any in house movements until recently. 

Having checked the pictures it looks very similar to ours, however the more pictures I look at the more confused I get as none seem to match all features exactly (and there are differences between mine and yours too. 

What I am (so far unsuccessfully) looking for as a match is as follows:

1: Balance bridge, does it have a small cutout where shown or not

2: Triangular fixing on the click spring

3: Some of these bridges (mine) are thicker where shown, whereas some (mine) are narrower and more "figure of 8"

4: Is this part of the chrono pusher mechanism present, and this shape?

So far I haven't found a single other photo which matches all 4 of these on either of our watches, but it is possible some parts may have been swapped out during their lives (the click spring in particular seems to often be missing / broken. 

landon.jpg

When I been working on these Landeron movements, once upon a time it was quite much,  for me the most reveling part usually was the  type of minute recording jumper.
With a type like this my intuition would say it is used mostly on Landeron 48/248 movements or derivates there of. 
The number (4) hammer for the crhorno function is not a sure tell since it fitts on many of them and because of that parts from various time periods can be found in either of the movements.
If one really want to know which movement this is, Landeron always marked them undeneath the balance cock/bridge, just lift it off and the mystery is revealed.(But where is the fun in that)
If I choose to close my eyes and not take a look at the dial I personally would be more comfortable finding something like a Venus 175 or Venus 188 under the lid on a watch like this.

• Like 1