My late moms clock

Dereklad

Hello people how are you.

my money died 15 years ago and whilst digging round in the house loft i came across her wall clock.i know is a cheap nothing clock but she had it for years .

im trying to get it working again and have on my bedroom wall even thow its got a nightmare loud chime onnit,i dont mind the ticking.one of the springs seems really tight probly because my dad from dublin use to wind it tight like his life depended onnit.

the chimes work fine onnit and the pendulum moves and ticks but eventually stops.
if i keep spinning the clock arms round on this will it eventually release the tension on the spring.

The clocks got sentimental value not money value i know that.

is it worth taking it to a clock shop for a price uk.

if so ball park how much would they charge for servicing this as i know nothing about clocks.

47A8B312-AEDB-42F9-903D-956FC90D5607.jpeg

6C47F128-4C1D-4760-B804-A8FC9F270847.jpeg

3DE7CCBD-9720-4B1B-AB19-CF56B36807A9.jpeg

It may be a korean made or possibly japanese made 30 day wind clock.  The date mechanism is interesting.  Its not a fusee bracket clock but cleaned and pivots polished, bushings and lube it should run fine.

I charge $275-300 US for that type of movement.  

Thanks oro £240 pound uk wow,not sure its financially viable to fix it.

i was surprised when i took the face off.i was  not expecting such an elaborate motor.

hmm ill have to sleep onnit,theres a shop about 10 miles  from me but it looks high end posh and very expensive.

Looks Japanese, Seiko used to make them. A good clean and setting up would put it in fine working order.  If you take it to have it repaired make sure it is serviced on the premises and the work is guaranteed for at least 1 year.  

Hi   It definitly looks like a foreign repro import, I have a couple of these and having said that they do what they were intended to do tell the time. Looking at that one a good service and clean /Lubricate  would see it ticking again.  Prices can vary on who does the job expect to pay     £200  upwards for the work by the professional  fraternity   Good and capable amateurs quite a deal less.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.