Everyday Watch

Gotwatch

Mark had suggested in his welcome message I post my everyday watch so here goes:

This is for in the shop or out on the boat etc:

post-674-0-83635900-1423352893_thumb.jpg

And this one is for everything else daily. I appreciate the large dial and numerals. I'm sure in a few more years I'll have a Westclox alarm clock on my wrist:

post-674-0-07395200-1423353039_thumb.jpg

Please show your's if of a mind.

This is my everyday watch for the time being...

It was my first mechanical watch (a Davosa) that I bought it back to 2006 . It looks really huge on my wrist (when I was buying this I was not aware of the real 49mm diameter!!!). I have just serviced it, following the super video of Mark of the ETA 2824-2 and now everything seems perfect!!! For the time being is -4 sec/day on my wrist while on the timegrapher shows a +1 sec/day. I will let it run for a while in order for the oils to settle and maybe I would try a new fine adjustment to bring it closer to zero (yes  I know I am a maniac, but I believe that this workhorse can be set better than the cosc requirements). What do the experts say on that?

Evan

post-684-0-38877500-1423699785_thumb.jpg

That's a handsome watch, Evan. My Victorinox above shares the same movement. I have not had to service it yet but it runs +2 sec/week or so and that's fine with me. You should be able to get this movement close to perfect. They are a very good movement used in a plethoria of watch brands.