Why is it losing time?

I have this Vostok Europe K3 auto with hand winding circa 2007 which is losing 2 minutes per hour!! However, on the TG the results are looking pretty good as shown in the photo when dial up. Other positions are similar. If I leave the watch wound up and dial up it immediately starts losing time yet the readings contradict this.

Any thoughts what might be the problem please.

P1030049_resize_46.jpg

P1030046_resize_65.jpg

P1030047_resize_82.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pluto said:

When setting the time it is very loose. Could that mean the canon opinion needs tightening?

Absolutely. That friction that you should feel is the clutch mechanism between the movement and the motion works. It slipping allows you to interfere to set the time. 

• Like 1

So in effect the hands are slipping against the motion works? Tightening the cannon pinion is beyond me as I don't have the correct equipment at the present time.

A clean may also be necessary as Clockboy mentions.

Thanks for your imput.

What’s happening possibly is that the centre wheel is being driven normally by the movement, but the canon pinion (which slides over it) is not gripping it tightly enough. That’s what forms the slipping clutch. The canon pinion then drives the rest of the motion works.

I would estimate it would realistically take someone up to an hour to repair this if it is as trivial as I describe. 

It looks like the movement is running very strongly and I wouldn’t assume that it requires cleaning. Russian watches can be more crude than Swiss, but it looks like it’s probably running well in all likelihood, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Pluto said:

So in effect the hands are slipping against the motion works? Tightening the cannon pinion is beyond me as I don't have the correct equipment at the present time.

A clean may also be necessary as Clockboy mentions.

Thanks for your imput.

If you have a dull nail clipper or would dull the balde of one by sand paper, it would work to tighten the canon pinion with.

Thanks for that. I will have to think about whether I do this or not!! I have some spare movements I could practice on which would be good experience and another new task to undertake. All good fun.

Thanks everyone.