Mysterious Gold Spring - Victorinox Night Vision

I was in the process of changing the batter on my Victorinox Night Vision watch, when I noticed a small gold spring loose in the inside of the watch. I didn't touch anything but the battery and was being very careful during the process of removing the battery. I can't see anywhere obvious that the spring would have even come from, but I am freaking out a little bit because I love this watch and it wasn't cheap. I've changed many watch batteries before, but haven't had anything like hat happen to me before. I would take it to the watch repair guy in my town, but they are closed due to the pandemic. Any help is beyond greatly appreciated.

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

Hi  As JohnR725  remarked these springs are generally used as contact springs for the pizo disc alarm.  The analogue module looks like a ronda is there a caliber number on the movement.  Can you post a picture of the inside of the case back, there should be an pizo alarm disc(buzzer) attached .  Have a look at the inside on the back and look cor a contact mark it may help as to where the spring fits.

21 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Typically gold springs like this are used if you have an alarm?

16 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  As JohnR725  remarked these springs are generally used as contact springs for the pizo disc alarm.  The analogue module looks like a ronda is there a caliber number on the movement.  Can you post a picture of the inside of the case back, there should be an pizo alarm disc(buzzer) attached .  Have a look at the inside on the back and look cor a contact mark it may help as to where the spring fits.

The watch does not have an alarm.

I can't read any of the engravings on the movement, other than to confirm that it is a ronda. I'd have to get a hold of a loupe or something.

inside of case back -> 

IMG_0669.JPG

4 hours ago, Gpsluvr said:

If you still haven’t fixed it, let me know what model it is or show a pic of the front and I will open one of mine up and look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They call it a Night Vision. The name is overhyped.

IMG_0672.thumb.JPG.20036b004065a404fa806672ea09eda6.JPG

Definitely do not have an alarm. But you do have a mystery I'm attaching an image one of the things that bothered me with his wide is the circuit board have that nice big around area that I circled? Plus it was hard to tell from the pictures it looks like it took more of it apart then you needed to? Not sure why it came apart as far as it did so give a mystery circle see if it connects to anything in between with a spring perhaps.

mystery on the PCB.JPG

• Like 1

From research   the lower ronda  analogue movement powers the watch only,there is no connection to the upper module which uses the 3v battery.  This module is for the light functions only of which there seens to be several modes.     The black circuit cover that was removed does it have any contact marks on its lower surface which coincides with the round pad as noted by Joh725.  just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Gpsluvr said:

Thanks. I have one or two of those. I will open one up tomorrow. The analog movement will not be using it. It must have something to do with the light. Steve

thank you so much. 

11 hours ago, watchweasol said:

From research   the lower ronda  analogue movement powers the watch only,there is no connection to the upper module which uses the 3v battery.  This module is for the light functions only of which there seens to be several modes.     The black circuit cover that was removed does it have any contact marks on its lower surface which coincides with the round pad as noted by Joh725.  just a thought.

I have not taken off the black circuit cover, I simply lifted it while intact to access the lower area. I don't think it's possible that the spring came from in there.

9 hours ago, Gpsluvr said:

Well, fellas. The jokes on us, I guess. I took apart a NV I and a NV II, and there was no spring in either of them.

Well... thanks for checking, I really appreciate it... I'm waiting for the replacement 370 battery to arrive from Amazon... I didn't know what the battery type was until I removed the case back, so I haven't been able to test to see what works and what doesn't (if anything). I was able to get a new 2032, and the pusher still makes the red indicator light go on, (so the spring is not required for contact), but I cannot turn the light on. I'm not sure if that is a function of not having the a battery for movement? 

9 hours ago, watchweasol said:

That begs the question from whence it came and surprisingly its been loafing around the case and created no problem untill now. Ah well mystery solved..

I hope you're right, but I'm never that lucky :/

15 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  do you by any chance have the users manual for the watch  as it explains all functions on the light module in there.     The number of button deppressions for each mode.

11 hours ago, Gpsluvr said:

You can find some manuals here, including night vision.

https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Watches/Service/Watches-Manuals-and-Quick-Guides/cms/service-watches-instruction-downloads

thanks, gents. I have had the watch for quite some time and am familiar with the various functions of the light. It currently does not function as it should, despite a brand new battery. I'm hoping that once I get the movement working it might work somehow make everything right with the world. If not, I will hold onto this spring and maybe I just send the watch for warranty.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:23 PM, JohnR725 said:

Definitely do not have an alarm. But you do have a mystery I'm attaching an image one of the things that bothered me with his wide is the circuit board have that nice big around area that I circled? Plus it was hard to tell from the pictures it looks like it took more of it apart then you needed to? Not sure why it came apart as far as it did so give a mystery circle see if it connects to anything in between with a spring perhaps.

mystery on the PCB.JPG

I owe you an apology and my thanks. I initially did not recognize the photo, as I had only opened that part up once, trying to get the old battery out. There was indeed, as you suggested there might be, a small hole in the black cover that held the spring and contacted to the circuit board in the place you circled. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

And thank you again to everyone who took the time to help troubleshoot this issue. The batteries I ordered from Amazon never showed up, so I finally went out and bought one today. That's why I haven't followed up until now, but I just changed the movement battery and reinstalled the spring. Now I have a watch that tells time and acts as a flashlight. yay me. and yay all of you. <3