First acrylic crystal replacement

I have a watch that I am fixing up for myself. After lots of research l, I concluded my watch is a 1960s Hamilton Stormking VII. As my watch needs a new crystal I ordered one from ebay that is for a Hamilton stormking VII. When I got it in I immediately realized that it doesn't fit. The replacement seems to me about 1mm larger than the original. (I dont have a caliper). Is this even a Hamilton Stormking VII? Or did I get the right crystal but I have to modify it before it fits?

20200609_175324.jpg

20200609_175301.jpg

20200609_175254.jpg

Place the crystals back to back. If the new one is larger than the old you'll need to order another crystal. As @Daniel123 suggests, get yourself a caliper and go to cousinsuk.com (best supplier of parts in Europe for professionals and enthusiasts).

As an option, and depending on how deep the scratches go, you can sandpaper the crystal. You'll find detailed instructions here. That's what I always do unless the crystal is beyond salvage. It is easy, will make the crystal look like new, and will save you some money in the long run.

1 hour ago, VWatchie said:

Place the crystals back to back. If the new one is larger than the old you'll need to order another crystal. As @Daniel123 suggests, get yourself a caliper and go to cousinsuk.com (best supplier of parts in Europe for professionals and enthusiasts).

As an option, and depending on how deep the scratches go, you can sandpaper the crystal. You'll find detailed instructions here. That's what I always do unless the crystal is beyond salvage. It is easy, will make the crystal look like new, and will save you some money in the long run.

The scratches are fairly deep.

19 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

So, better then to replace it. Please keep us informed. There’s always something to learn.

Will do! One more question. I thought I ordered the right crystal for this watch. So if a Hamilton Stormking VII crystal doesn't fit my watch, does it mean it is not a Hamilton Stormking VII?

4 hours ago, Amateurwatchbreaker said:

does it mean it is not a Hamilton Stormking VII?

I really don’t know, but it could be, but a different “version” of it. I believe some watches have the same name and look but are offered with different case sizes.

• Thanks 1