Pallet fallen out

Hi I am trying to get an old russian vostok clock working. The escapement was not engaging and the clock just free wheeled until the spring ran out of energy. When I disassembled it the pallets were rotated 45 an 60  degrees up from the plane of the gear. I was able to return one to true but the other popped out. Just had a frustrating hour trying to replace the pallet. Is there a trick or is it a fools errand??? They seem to be  a push fit

The pallet stone needs to be re-seated. You need to clean the stone of everything that is on it, this includes the part of the pallets that the stone fits in. This is not a job for someone that has little or no experience. Watch/clockmakers shellac should be used to set the stone. It has to be the correct angle, this includes depth and height. Do not use any of the quick hardening glues that are available as they act so fast you will not be able to adjust the stone. If you intend to undertake this work I can list the tools you will need.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I think that means the job is beyond me. I'm sure after much swearing I could get it randomly sited but couldn't hope to achieve the precision required. Is there any resource to buy a new part. There is a whole new escapement on ebay for $70

vostok.jpg

With this platform you need to find out if it will fit to engage the teeth of the wheel see photo and arrow, this part must be clear from the wheel it is to engage, you also need to find the leaf count, in other words it must have the same amount of teeth as the original.  

images.jpg