Citizen EcoDrive C652 failure

Hi

I'm having trouble with my Citizen Eco Drive C652. It suddenly stopped working a few years ago and I left it in a draw until last week when I decided to do something with it. I left it in the sun for a couple of days and the displays did come on but had nothing to rubbish on them. So I decided to replace the capacitor/battery, left it in the sun for a couple of day but I still have the same rubbish on the display and the hands on the watch don't move. I've tried the reset as per the video's and manual but I still get the same rubbish on the display. 

Has anyone got any idea what could be the problem ??

IMG_4571.jpg

I think you need to short out the circuit board for a reset. I repaired one of these watches some time ago and I recall having to do this. Plus, these batteries, that they call capacitors, need a lot of time with the watch face in direct sunlight to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

I think you need to short out the circuit board for a reset. I repaired one of these watches some time ago and I recall having to do this. Plus, these batteries, that they call capacitors, need a lot of time with the watch face in direct sunlight to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks JDRichard. Could you point me in the direction of which part of the board I need to short out please. 

Many thanks

IMG_4574.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...