Maurice Lacroix quartz questions

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a ML quartz watch and I've found quite a few on ebay. I don't buy anything without researching info. So I've spent hours searching the web for ML info and can't find any info on quartz movements they used, the accuracy or what batteries should be used. It's like all info on ML quartz watches made in the 1970s have fallen into a black hole. Can someone help?

Thanks,

henryr

A question to ask is "Did Maurice Lacroix actually make and sell quartz watches in the 1970s?".

I'm sure you've already come across it but this provides some useful history: http://heritageofwatches.com/wp/2016/05/14/maurice-lacroix-watches-brand-profile-history-and-products/

The brand didn't come into being until 1975 and seem to have concentrated on mechanical watches. It was only into the '80s and '90s they seriously expanded and, presumably, started to offer quartz based watches. From what I've seen these are ETA based movements i.e. ML buy them in.

Edited by WatchMaker

After some searching it seems ML started using quartz movements in the 80s.The ML quartz watches I'm considering are a Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques LC1007-AS62435, Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece LC1098 and a Maurice Lacroix Watch Moonphase Date Caliber 737-701. And I finally created an account on the ML website thinking I might get access to info or at least be able to contact them via email...no to both of those. I'm amazed that ML cannot be contacted. Can anyone steer me towards a source of info?

Thanks,

henryr

On 6/7/2020 at 11:47 PM, henryr said:

Can anyone steer me towards a source of info?

Ask the seller to send a pic with caseback removed, that is always a good practice in order to check for corrosion. Then one can identify what it is. But as mentioned above it will be a regular Swiss quartz module