eta

Hi

Any one got any worksheets part sheets for the ETA 2724R.

I think i have the wrong barrel or wrong arbour but cannot find anything on the ETA 2724R.

Its a cyma navystar watch but the movement is eta 2724R.

Cheers

gary

If you have a subscription to bestfit online you can get the information below. So it looks like for the barrel and arbor they're both identical.

I only saw a couple of differences and if you look at the links I have it looks like the real differences are ball bearings I guess in the automatic weight assembly but that's it at least casually looking at the parts list

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_2724

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_2724R

ETA 2724 182/1176 182/ETA 2638 BARREL
ETA 2724R 182/1176 182/ETA 2638 BARREL
ETA 2724 195/1286 195/ETA 2722 BARREL ARBOR
ETA 2724R 195/1286 195/ETA 2722 BARREL ARBOR

The problem is i dont know if the arbour,mainspring or barrel is wrong.I think its the mainspring as the arbour and barrel fit together only one way and its a good fit. I need to know if the arbour hooks on from the left or right when turned.I need to see a pic of the arbour.

cheers

gary

The arbour only goes in this way. When I add spring it hooks but must turn anti clock wise to tighten. When I add bridge and crown and ratchet wheel it turns clock wise. 

That's we're I am stuck. 

Is arbour wrong or spring? 

That's why I need to see a arbour. 

Cheers

Gary

IMG_20200606_150838.jpg

IMG_20200606_150815.jpg

IMG_20200606_150834.jpg

IMG_20200606_150838.jpg

I doubt you're going to see a picture anywhere unless somebody else was repaired one of these. Usually the parts list doesn't have any details. If I look at one of the parts drawings it doesn't even show that there is a pin or anything on the arbor they're just side views.

If you think about it on automatic watch the problem can never be the mainspring. That's because it can go in either direction because it doesn't hook on anything on the outer wall that only hooks on the arbor. Breaking grease holds it on the outer wall. So the arbor controls which direction the mainspring goes in. Unless a course you like shoving it in backwards but then it's not going to work.

Also really helpful for somebody answering questions unless you like answers where people really don't read the problem and just jump on a silly answer it would be helpful to have the background history of the watch? In other words you received it working you took it apart and somehow it doesn't work now is going to get a different answer than the watch came in pieces and I putting it together and puzzled by the problems I'm seeing? So background history be nice?

Then I have an idea but I need to go find something so I'm the just post this now may be to get the answer to my question up above.

Factory Number:195/ETA 2722
ETA 2722
ETA 2722R
ETA 2724
ETA 2724R
ETA 2728
ETA 2728R
ETA 2732
ETA 2732R
ETA 2734
ETA 2734D
ETA 2738
ETA 2738R

182/ETA 2638

BEN GS1D
BEN GS1D6
ENI 197
ENI 297 CARDII
ETA 2620
ETA 2620R
ETA 2622
ETA 2622R
ETA 2623
ETA 2623R
ETA 2630
ETA 2630R
ETA 2632
ETA 2632R
ETA 2638
ETA 2638R
ETA 2639
ETA 2639R
ETA 2722
ETA 2722R
ETA 2724
ETA 2724R
ETA 2728
ETA 2728R
ETA 2732
ETA 2732R
ETA 2734
ETA 2734D
ETA 2738
ETA 2738R

Are you by any chance flipping the barrel complete over to install it on the main plate, adding the barrel bridge, and observing the direction in which the arbor turns when you wind the watch? 

If so then don't forget that the sense of the spring will flip too so clockwise observed from above will be anti-clockwise observed from below.

Just a thought....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gary17 said:

Its a cyma navystar watch but the movement is eta 2724R.

Out of curiosity I just googled cyma navystar watch And it's not an automatic? Can we have a model number for the watch and may be a picture just to make sure were all on the same page here. It's possible since I just looked at the first watch that may be that's just a generic maybe they made a whole bunch of different ones but I'm a little confused?

Hi

Sorry no story.

Watch arrived worked for a hour then stopped. 

Took it apart and cleaned it. Put it back together balance fine but no train movement. 

Took apart to examine mainspring. Took pics. 

Took spring out to wipe put back in and nowt. 

It's a 804.00.but some one said the 2 plain circles under balance are for a eta cal and cyma had wiped em. 

It was in fact a eta 2724R.

I want to get this going but don't know what part is needed. 

Damn now I don't even know the cal. 

It looks like a eta 2724R in ranfft. 

Now I have broken the end off spring trying to turn it around doh. 

Any advice gratefully excepted. 

Don't want to order wrong spring

Cheers

Gary

IMG_20200606_204855.jpg

IMG_20200606_205029.jpg

IMG_20200606_205042.jpg

IMG_20200606_205144.jpg

30 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

No more silly answers,      in fact there will be NO answers at all  in future. 

Strangely enough even though I saw your answer I wasn't poking fun at you. What I was poking fun at was other people in other discussions who look at the problem not the watch and jump on answers that aren't even necessarily relevant to the watch itself. You just didn't look at whether as an automatic or not so I did have a problem with your answer but I do have a problem and people jump on answers without looking at the problem. Which is also why have problems with people posting questions and not giving enough information. So I was fie with your answer I did question it and then I ignored it

now we need a real answer to the problem that I have an idea

Hey

Here is the wall and the arbour best i can photo it.

I have highlighted the were the wall grabs the spring you turn the barrel clock wise for it to catch.

similar with the arbour which has to turn anti clockwise to catch spring.

So i am thinking wrong spring?

But i suppose could be wrong arbour. and arbour only goes in 1 way.

The pics show the top of barrel when its in watch.

cheers

guys

IMG_20200607_150403.jpg

IMG_20200607_150032.jpg

IMG_20200607_150035.jpg

IMG_20200607_150137.jpg

IMG_20200607_150146.jpg

On 6/6/2020 at 7:12 AM, gary17 said:

The arbour only goes in this way. When I add spring it hooks but must turn anti clock wise to tighten. When I add bridge and crown and ratchet wheel it turns clock wise. 

I had a theory but my theory crashes and burns with what I've quoted above.

I don't suppose you can have a picture of the top of the watch minus the automatic part?.

In your pic of the empty barrel and arbor, the arbor screw hole is facing down (so you can't see it) and the hook is facing anti-clockwise, so the spring must spiral in anti-clockwise for the hook to catch, which is how you describe you installed the spring.

In your pic of the whole movement you can see the barrel arbor screw hole facing up, which means that the barrel has been flipped to install it into the movement, so if you had x-ray vision and could see the spring inside, it would now be spiraling in clockwise because you are looking at it from the other side. The hook on the arbor will also now be seen to face clockwise, again because you are looking at it from the other side.

So although you installed the spring anti-clockwise, when you flip the barrel over to install it, the arbor must turn clockwise to catch the spring.

The barrel, the arbor, and the way you are installing the spring are all correct for the way the watch winds up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marc said:

So although you installed the spring anti-clockwise, when you flip the barrel over to install it, the arbor must turn clockwise to catch the spring.

The barrel, the arbor, and the way you are installing the spring are all correct for the way the watch winds up.

This is where it would be helpful if we had a picture of the barrel in the watch without the plate so we can see the barrel.

Then we come back to background history? This is where we can make a general assumption a watch that comes you and pieces anything and everything is possible. But a watch that's all assembled in its case probably was running and in fact it runs at all it's probably right.