Hi from Ireland

I'm not a hobbyist, I am just trying to get my daughter's watch fixed in lockdown.

I assumed it was the battery, so I got a new Philips CR1220 battery on ebay, it came packaged with a best before date of 2022-06. Her watch is a Lorus Z011 X009.

I took the 4 screws off the back, and then the 2 to lift the battery guard. Working with a magnifying glass I was pleased with myself for putting the new battery in (writing facing up) and refitting those small screws. But the watch did not start! I refitted the back so I would not loose the bits. A couple of hours later it's still stopped.

Is there anything I can do without bringing to a jeweler's?

I appreciate any advice!

Thanks, Tom.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:50 PM, boardtc said:

Ok. I'm unsure what to listen for if the hand is not moving.

I was not sure what to take pictures of, do these help?

battery out.png

battery in.png

The train makes a single tic sound as the step motor kicks.  Just hold the piece up to your ears, you would here it if it is there.

The tic sounds the same as you would normally hear the quartz step motor makes, in case the train refuses to turn, you can still hear a healthy step motor kick every second.

If no tic sound then the fault is in EB electronic board or in the electric circuit.

If you do indeed have the Z011 calibre and not the Z020 (both are in the instructions you posted) then you have two batteries. The large battery (relatively speaking) you see when you take the cover off is for the back light only. The battery you bought (CR1220 ) looks like the large of the two. The smaller battery under the larger one is what powers the movement. I think the battery you are looking to replace is a SR626SW  (Sony 377). You can read someone else's adventure with that here: https://www.fixya.com/support/t11449536-replace_second_battery_in_lorus_z011

Edited by eccentric59
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...