Seiko 7s26 B Balance

I need to get a replacement balance for 7s26b.
I looked on eBay and there some NH36 balances, some state for B, some for C, some for all of them, others are very cheap from China and they don't even mention the NH36. It doesn't give me a great deal of confidence in getting the correct one. Are the NH36 interchangeable with Seiko?
How do I ensure I get the correct one?

8 hours ago, PeterS said:

I need to get a replacement balance for 7s26b.
I looked on eBay and there some NH36 balances, some state for B, some for C, some for all of them, others are very cheap from China and they don't even mention the NH36. It doesn't give me a great deal of confidence in getting the correct one. Are the NH36 interchangeable with Seiko?
How do I ensure I get the correct one?

As mentioned in many other similar threads, all Seiko balances interchanges between 7S26B/C, as well 4R36, 6R15, SII NH2x, and 3x and even the older 7S26A or 700x if you swap the balance cock. You can use my pars document to know more details
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

People had mixed luck with the Chinese balances, which are of inferior quality. But since the original one is too expensive when for 5 pounds more you can get a brand new NH36 from AliX, that is preferred way to long lasting, sure repair that will also add manual winding and seconds hacking.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the information and the spreadsheet.

You are right, considering the price of the balance wheel and the complete NH36 movement, it makes sense to swap the movements.
As much as I would like to repair the Seiko movement it financially doesn't make much sense.
I bought the NH36 a while ago so I think now it's the time to use it and keep the 7s26 for spares.