Inspecting the clutch lever

In order to inspect the clutch and the clutch lever must I remove the cover plate?  Are there any 'surprise' I should be prepared for; such as' beware the clutch level is under tension'?  - Or is this a simple case of unscrewing the cover plate, then lifting the clutch and its lever?  I am working with a Langendorf Roco that dates to the firs half of the 20th century.

Thank you.   KBP 

45 minutes ago, kbp said:

In order to inspect the clutch and the clutch lever must I remove the cover plate?  Are there any 'surprise' I should be prepared for; such as' beware the clutch level is under tension'?  - Or is this a simple case of unscrewing the cover plate, then lifting the clutch and its lever?  I am working with a Langendorf Roco that dates to the firs half of the 20th century.

Each movement can be different but the lever should have some tension. You can have surprises at any stage so look to a diagram, picture or video first if possible and for the really nasty springs work within a clear bag.

Thank You JDM!  Glad for the 'heads-up' - I've already searched for far-flung errant parts with a strong magnet - oh joy!

Gees, I am amazed by the tiny screws in ladies watches.  I've filed small screwdrivers to fit most except the smallest which are nearly microscopic!   Any advice regarding the smallest of screwdrivers commercially available that would work on these 'ground pepper' screws?

BTW, Thanks to Watch Weasle  for sharing the "Illustrated Glossary of Watch Parts", the info forces the learner to  extrapolate, interpret the subject matter - great exercise for understanding and memory.  

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...…..

KBP

4 hours ago, kbp said:

Any advice regarding the smallest of screwdrivers commercially available that would work on these 'ground pepper' screws?

0.5mm and it's definitely a needed tool.

11 hours ago, kbp said:

One half millimeter!  Now I go search for this.

Cousins UK sells A*F unbranded drivers under their label for GBP 2.50 apiece which is a steal considering their absolute top quality.

Edited by jdm