Brass bushes for Omega 455

I need 4 brass bushes for the automatic movement of an Omega 455 (small!), but can't find any from the usual suppliers I use.

The size is 1.00 x 0.2 x 0.22 (dia, hole, ht).  Cousins have the complete upper bridge, but then I still need 2 for the lower. 

I could use jewels in the lower bridge, but the nearest Seitz size is 1.40 x 0.20.

Can anyone help ?

Watch-00002.thumb.jpg.d96d34f71f10ce97fa5bc709fce5b9e3.jpg

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I can only find these. Do you have the means and skill to make them? Have you tried ebay? You should be able to find what you want in a selection. Here is the link to what I found.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/watch-bushes-by-size

That was the first place I looked,  and unfortunately, not the right size. 

obsoletewatchandclockparts has a selection, but again, nothing close enough.

Nothing on ebay, but I'll keep watching.

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Would you also disclose how you determined the bushes to be defective. Do you examine and go by side shakes? depthing between gear and pinions?     TIA

When the hole is shaped like this

Image-0003.thumb.png.085f4c8eac4ea3035ee5f219eba695a6.png

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Colditz said:

if you cannot get the right bush then I'd be tempted to increase the hole size and fit a larger bush with the correct hole size and employ friction fit. You can use a broach to do this.

I would do that, but I can't find any with a 0.20 mm hole size

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Yes, it looks like GT Revue 30. Doctor, You can not replace escape wheel by the dimensions You listed. One needs to know much more things like number of leaves of the pinion and it's diameter, the position in high of the table and the pinion, the hight between the pivots, the exact pivots diameter... And then, even if suitable wheel is found, one will need to know how to adjust the pallets position correctly. Restoring antique movements is something different than replacing parts. In older movements parts are not interchangeable, this means spare parts do not exist. Here the case is different, but still escapement adjustment will be needed if a wheel from a donor is found. So may be it will be easier to restore the donor for You...Restoring antique movements usually means making of the parts needed and this requires knowlage and working on lathes skill. In this case repivoting of the wheel is the natural solution, but there is a long way that one must walk untill getting ready for such work.
    • I was looking at Essence of Renata, a chemical used a lot for cleaning hairsprings: "Specially prepared solution for degreasing watch and instrument components. Indispensable for degreasing hairsprings." Looking at the MSDS you can see this is just pure n-Heptane, so could be an option for those who don't want to use the chlorocarbons or hexane?     HF6013 - Horological Essence COSHH Safety Data Sheet Horological Essence_0.pdf
    • Welcome from a fellow Seiko enthusiast, there are lots of us on this forum.
    • Nickelsilver is right, movement diameter and keyless works ‘fingerprint’ are important for identifying movements. That said, this appears to be a 7 jewel version of the a Revue 30 movement.  A quick search with google turns up parts movements, and individual parts should be quite easy to come by.  Hope that helps, Mark