2824-2 beat error correction question

I can't tell if all photos on the subject on the entire internet have been disappeared or if my 32kbs "broadband" (yes, that is less than a mid-90s dial up connection, you read that correctly) is breaking them... This is why deregulation is idiotic.

Anyway... Coming soon, I'm going to need to correct some beat error on a 2824-2, and I can't tell from what little text I can find and no photos at all if the arm moves, or if it's regulated by twisting the Etachron stud. I know it's stupid question, but I don't want to open it up just to poke around and see what moves until I'm actually in there cleaning and adjusting, and if I need the etachron tool to make the task bearable, it'd be nice to know in advance. Thanks.

Edited by spectre6000

10 minutes ago, spectre6000 said:

Anyway... Coming soon, I'm going to need to correct some beat error on a 2824-2, and I can't tell from what little text I can find and no photos at all if the arm moves,

Yes it does.

or if it's regulated by twisting the Etachron stud.

That is to adjust positional error, at least that is the idea.

If I need the etachron tool to make the task bearable.

No need, use tweezers.

Moving the stud holder brings the watch in beat.  ETAchron moves to keep the hairspring centered between the regulator pins which is important for consistent timekeeping. You are also able to close the gap while still keeping the hs centered.

Anilv