Need AS 2066 setting lever help

Hi All

I'm still a beginner.  I believe this is a date quickset.  I also believe that turning the crown one way will set the hands and the date is turned the other way.  I can't get the wheels in the setting lever (described here https://www.buzzufy.com/ebooks/asmovements.pdf) to engage with that blue arrowed wheel.  That pawl (red) needs to fit a certain way but I don't know how it should be installed.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Charlie

IMG_4925.thumb.JPG.8ff980c97ad8ad7f3e19e509ebfba1c4.JPGIMG_4926_LI.thumb.jpg.5d2d77f08e6a9a1979b7f028a5fe75dd.jpgIMG_4927_LI.thumb.jpg.0756e264a3e190fd3956658d35fe6b84.jpg

3 hours ago, Lc130 said:

I believe this is a date quickset.  I also believe that turning the crown one way will set the hands and the date is turned the other way

I'm not saying it's impossible but it be a rather unusual watch that turning one direction sets the hands turning the other sets the day date. If you look at your own parts list it's a three position setting. In other words all the way in is winding, middle position day date setting and third position Time setting. You'll notice at the link below there is a reference to the quick day date setting.

Your picture of everything assembled looks wrong because there things are up too high? At least from the angling of the shadowing doesn't look right. I snipped out something this park has two protruding pins one of them is critically engaging what it needs to engage in but the other pin is doing nothing? That's the part that engages the quick day date set. So you need to move that somehow over so it can engage in that part of the pin.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_2066

poorly drawn circle.JPG

• Like 1

The top pin engages the detent spring of the cover plate.  

I think this is the same as in the attached service instruction.  You can see the bidirectional turning on the first page.  Also,  while manually turning wheels in the "set ridge rocking bar" I can see that the lower wheel engages and disengages from the train depending on direction of turn.

I had this working correctly at one point but forget how.

2005337851_Bulova11BSACB.pdf

ccaa4426998f24057992b92a562e1099.jpg
54377927de54fcb44adc864945601a30.jpg

The pin circled in yellow on the setting lever rides in the groove circled in yellow in the setting lever jumper. You’ve got the parts in the right place but try loosening the screws holding down the setting lever jumper and positioning it properly.

The quickset works with the crown pulled out once and turning one way for day, the other for date. Another pulls sets the hands.

Mike

The AS 2066 seems to be a quircky one took some photos of the setting positions.
As you see on the third picture the day is connected to the hour wheel, so every 24 hour it flips it.
But the date has a quick leaver in the second position.
When the lever spring isn't level or tight enough this causes the quick date set to not function.

Winding position.

2066_Wind.thumb.jpg.fbb90959b00706f145c898a71ed9bd86.jpg

Quick date.
2066_Date.thumb.jpg.c3e9237a9d9560722b895b5e4d283dfb.jpg

Time and Date.

2066_Time_Date.thumb.jpg.7c0809ded0cfba6176ce7bab7d082a8a.jpg

Ok, I got it to work.  It was together correctly.  HSLs pictures helped.  I didn't realize there was a third position.  It just requires an alarming amount of pull to get it into that position.

Thanks all

Charlie