spiro13

ETA Running Problem

Question

Hi

I have a ETA 2801-2 that runs reasonably well when it is on a full wind : Amplitude-232,  Beat error - 1.0, Rate- +10sec.  with the regulator in the central position. After appx. 15 hours the numbers are as follows: Amplitude-198, Beatt Error-2.5, Rate- +30sec. I would appreciate suggestions as to what might be the problem. I'm thinking maybe it is a Mainspring problem.

Thank you,

Tony

6 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, spiro13 said:

Hi

I have a ETA 2801-2 that runs reasonably well when it is on a full wind : Amplitude-232,  Beat error - 1.0, Rate- +10sec.  with the regulator in the central position. After appx. 15 hours the numbers are as follows: Amplitude-198, Beatt Error-2.5, Rate- +30sec. I would appreciate suggestions as to what might be the problem. I'm thinking maybe it is a Mainspring problem.

Thank you,

Tony

Tony,

It likely just needs a service and new mainspring. That amplitude is on the lower side.

I too agree with the others. A service, a new mainspring and regulating it would likely get your watch in perfect order. For a top notch modern movement like your ETA calibre 2801-2 the B.E. shouldn't be more than about 0.3 ms.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.