Miyota Escape Wheel

Hi Everyone! 

I have been practicing watch servicing these past months. So far I have successfully serviced a ST36 (ETA6497 clone), thanks to Mark's watch repair course which is awesome! I have also tried to service a NH25A, and messed up the hairpsring (replacement on the way), and a Miyota 8215. Everything was going well with the 8215 until I reassembled the train bridge and noticed that the escape wheel wobbles when I turn the wheels. My guess is that I accidentally broke off the upper pivot during cleaning. I was looking for a replacement escape wheel and found it at Cousin's, but they are out of stock. Anyone know any other place I could get one? Thanks. 

PS: Trying to keep a positive attitude after messing up two movements, but practice makes perfect. :)  

• Like 1

8215 isnt the easiest to put back together as there are too many pivots to line up. Takes a lot of patience. Also did you remember to release the power before disassembly? That's how I snapped the escape wheel pivot on one of mine. The click isnt the easiest to find. Pretty easy to overlook.

1 minute ago, CaptCalvin said:

8215 isnt the easiest to put back together as there are too many pivots to line up. Takes a lot of patience. Also did you remember to release the power before disassembly? That's how I snapped the escape wheel pivot on one of mine. The click isnt the easiest to find. Pretty easy to overlook.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I did release the power, but I think the pivot snapped during disassembly cause I knocked the escape wheel with the tweezers. :( 

9 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Depending on your location,  Esslingers,   Jules borel,   Timesavers (USA)      A.G.Thomas, welwynwatchparts.co.uk,      obsoletewatchandclockparts.com in the UK.  a few to have a look at

Thank you!