Weird phenomenon

Hello,

I finally managed to fix my fathers watch which is the reason why I started learning watch service and tinkinring, the thing is the watch runs perfectly and keeps good time as long as I'm wearing it but it's losing like 2 hours during the night when it's not on my hand.

I've tried leaving it both dial up and down but it made no difference, I checked the timing with the Tickoprint app and it's -15 s/d if I remember correctly.

The movement is 46941 if that makes any difference.

Thank you and have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Ammar said:

Tickoprint app

Does your app measure amplitude?

Then what was your definition of fixing the watch in other words what have you done to it?

One of the reasons automatic watches can have issues is if they just run out of power. It's why asked if your timing app has amplitude measurement. So in other words when the watches on the wrist it manages to keep enough power to be running as soon as you take it off your wrist did just runs out of power. Then next day's your watch still running or is it just off by a couple hours?

Another Guess since basically were guessing without enough diagnostics information. I see from the picture at the link below it appears to have a calendar mechanism? There is possible you're losing your time during the calendar change but as I said it's just a guess.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Orient_46941

Further to John's remarks,

-I would advance the hands by 12hrs, if the fault is in the calender mech then it should loose time during the day.

-Note how long it runs on bench following a full day on wrist.

This points to the area the fault is at.

And further to Nucejoe's remark

It could be the Cannon Pinion being loose. It slips at calendar change time.

When changing the time is the crown really easy to move the hands? Often a sign of a loose CP.

• Haha 1

Hello, thank you for the informative replies, first of all I don't think it's because of the date mechanism because it's keeping good time after the date changes no problem, I believe the problem is with the main spring I didn't clean it properly because I didn't want to damage it, I have practiced on like 20 spare main springs that I've got in a parts lot and I have serviced four or five Seiko main springs with no problems but with this orient watch I already had a spare one so I decided to practice on it I opened it cleaned it but it wouldn't go back in the barrel as I have practiced before and eventually the bridle broke on me so I didn't want risk it.

as for the balance jewels I did take them off and clean them and oil them which I feel like I'm  getting relevantly good at since I'm not causing the springs flying to the horizon and I think the amount of oil that I used is not too much, I'm using Mobius 8000 at the moment I know it's not supposed to be used on every part of the watch but it's what I have now and I don't want to invest in expensive oils yet (also the unemployment thing isn't helping).

I don't think there is a problem with the cannon pinion because the hands feel secure and I don't feel any slippage (is this even a word) or looseness 

the watch isn't expensive or rare by any means it just holds sentimental value for me it's my father's watch  he bought in 1982 I think and I used to play with all the time when I was a kid, the click, the escape wheel pivot and some barrel teeth were broken so I had to find a donor movement which proved difficult for some reason I guess these watches aren't that popular here.

To day I woke up to see that it kept the time and didn't lose even a minute which is a pleasant surprise, I'm not sure what happened I didn't do any thing to it  I hope it just stays this way.

I hope I answered all of your questions and thank you very very much for being helpful, have a nice day