Help with Omega Seamster DEVILE

Hi, I have a problem with an automatic Seamaster DEVILE which I purchased years ago but could never look at the movement because it has to come out through the front. It's a mid 60's model and marked on the rear waterproof.

At the time of purchase the seller said that the crown came loose and he had it repaired. Not replaced

On a timgerapher it is showing   - 128 s/day, 232Deg, 3.2 ms,52.0deg and 19800.

When trying to turn the crown it is solid and impossible to wind up.

It runs and keeps time, turning the crown in the first position out moves the fingers and it changes date at midnight.

I also have what I think is an identical watch which is Cal. No.565 which does wind up with the crown and has a second position which moves the date forward

Before I start to attempt a repair can I ask a few questions.

What is the method for removing the movement from the case.

Did Omega ever make watches that did not wind

Could there be a problem with the stem

Does anyone have a parts list in case I need to buy parts

Is it possible to get a service sheet for this model

Sorry for the ramble but any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mick   I have attached a service sheet for you.   If its a front loader it will have a split stem (two parts) and removal requires a straight pull on the stem to separate the two halves, and remove the glass you either have to remove the bezel ring and the glass or to have to pressurise the watch case and blow out the glass, depends on the case type.      I have also attached some further info hopefully usefull

Omega 565.pdf 7197_Omega 565.0008 BA Case (3).pdf Omega_Omega The-monocoque-case-for-the-new-Seamaster.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, Alaskamick said:

Hi, I have a problem with an automatic Seamaster DEVILE which I purchased years ago but could never look at the movement because it has to come out through the front. It's a mid 60's model and marked on the rear waterproof.

At the time of purchase the seller said that the crown came loose and he had it repaired. Not replaced

On a timgerapher it is showing   - 128 s/day, 232Deg, 3.2 ms,52.0deg and 19800.

When trying to turn the crown it is solid and impossible to wind up.

It runs and keeps time, turning the crown in the first position out moves the fingers and it changes date at midnight.

I also have what I think is an identical watch which is Cal. No.565 which does wind up with the crown and has a second position which moves the date forward

Before I start to attempt a repair can I ask a few questions.

What is the method for removing the movement from the case.

Did Omega ever make watches that did not wind

Could there be a problem with the stem

Does anyone have a parts list in case I need to buy parts

Is it possible to get a service sheet for this model

Sorry for the ramble but any help would be appreciated.

Sorry watchweasol, I forgot to thank you for your help with my problem. 

You solved my question for me and gave me some very useful documents for the future.

Very much appreciated.

Mike.

Hi Mike  With these monocoque cases  as you say the  movement comes out the front. In most cases, The stem is in two parts (split stem) and requires pulling apart to leave the innermost part still in the watch.  and the watch glass is removed using air pressure from a syringe/pump through the stem hole. But there are some where the bezel is removed either complete with the glass or the glass has to be removed with a tool. So its a question of close inspection to check out which method is used. The attached document will explain what I am talking about.                  cheers

Omega_Omega The-monocoque-case-for-the-new-Seamaster.pdf

• Like 1