Help with first teardown and reassembly

Hi,

I'm currently working through Marks course, watching and re-watching the lessons up to Level 2 testing and regulation.

I've been following his guidance with a very similar ST36 movement (seconds at 9 varient).

The trouble I'm having is once fully assembled it won't run. I've disassembled again and reassembled for the second time, taking extra care to ensure the train all moves freely but yet still it will not run. 

When spinning the balance wheel "manually" it will rotate a couple of times, I can see the escape wheel rotating but it just comes to a stop after after a second or two . It's almost like there is no power coming through the train. 

As I do not have a mainspring winder I did not remove the mainspring, I did however remove the barrell, rachet wheel, crown wheel etc.

It was a "new" movement and ran well before, I've not lubricated or cleaned it yet as I was just practicing the breakdown and assembly elements.

Appreciate this is a bit of a stab in the dark for you all but would really appreciate any ideas of things to check/explore.

Thanks everyone.

A check list of sort . 

Turn the barrel manually.

Trun center wheel , just grab a spoke in tweezers and turn.

If it didn,t run,

Loosen the cock screw a turn, do the same with fork bridge or check the endshake on balance staff, fork arbour and escape arbour.

If you take the fork out, balance should turn like ten complete oscillation at least. 

• Thanks 1

The fork nudge test is routine, nudge the fork see if dose its jump.

Check if the impulse is still in beat,  stud carrier could have moved during the clean. 

It may runs in either face down or face up positions and not the other . 

Good luck

Loosening the pallet cock screws did the trick! She's going along lovely now. Surprised as they weren't esp tight. 

It's all a learning curve, can't thank you enough for this. You've saved the second half of my hair being forcefully removed! 

• Haha 1