Remaining wheel on plate ETA 8810

Hello

Thanks to the previous suggestion I got here, I was able to strip down the whole movement ETA 8810.

Now I have a doubt. 

There is a wheel that I don't know how to take out and I am wondering if it's supposed to remain there. 

Please check the pictures. 

As always many thanks in advance 

IMG_20200523_132914.jpg

IMG_20200523_133013.jpg

Ther setting wheel on that EB 8810 is fixed in place with a small pin and is very hard to remove, just leave it in place and lubricate it with a small oiler after cleaning.
They did stuff like this in the 60's just to simplify production and cut costs.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi. Sounds like a problem clock, can you post some picture# of the clock and the parts in question please.       Thank you
    • The first broke while i was using a dremel to shape the jumper spring at the join, i guess you call it the fixator, the disk grapped hold and flicked it off . The second time same place but while i was filing.  This steel feels more malleable, it is annealed steel. Working out the detent on the jumper is a real. pain in the butt.
    • I'm trying to get a balance spring Mantel clock to run to time - even with the regulator set to Slow it's gaining 40mins a day (the balance spring was damaged on receipt so it may be shorter than it should be - can't think why else it should run fast, especially as it is quite dirty & apparently hasn't been working for some time.). Anyway, looking closely at the train I've noticed the pre-escapement wheel is slightly 'dished'. Could this have been done by a previous tinkerer to get around a problem that should have been addressed by e.g. bushing pivot holes?
    • Hi Rich, now i realise that you spring broke. how did it broke, may be when grinding the fixator part with the dremel? If so, then guess You have let it to vibrate free, this is wrong. One must keep the spring pressed with finger to boost the vibrations, other vice it resonates and breaks.
    • The movement is so called 'Tongji', standard chinese movement. The stem can still be used with the help of extender.