Hello from Worcestershire, England

Cluck

I'm a retired Musician still playing but only for pleasure. I’ve spent 55 years in this profession travelling the globe and I’ve accumulated a lot of timepieces one way or the other. 

My aim is to get some of the better watches working again and now I have the time I'm keen to get started. My priority is to try and fix one of my wife’s watches (brownie points) which I purchased 30 years ago in UK.  It’s a Cartier Quartz Tank which has stopped working altogether. I had it looked at and the guy said it was corroded and needed a new movement "ouch".  I've found  a replacement  Cartier movement for £250  but as I've nothing to lose I thought I'd attempt to clean it up, put a new battery in and see what happens. Any suggestions on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Cheers Cluck

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM,   First things first, could you post pictures of the movement front and back and a close up of the corroded area(usually around the battery Area)  If the corrosion has extended to the circuit block It may well be finished. But lets have a look first.

Hello Watchweasol

I've attached a couple of shots of the watch front and with the back off. As I'm new to this I've no idea how to remove the movement from the case. I've plenty of old watches to practice but not on this old Cartier. As you can see there is rust on some of the screws in the movement and the crystle  colouring  on the inside where it  had condensation. Hope you can help.

P1100159.JPG

P1100162 (2).JPG