Incabloc Shock Spring fitting.

As Requested. These are the most that I can expand the camera view, 10x. I have place the spring on top and tried to side the bar into the gap. No joy. Do I need to place the bar down into the outside surround and attempt to slide it under? If so, can can anyone tell me which side. Outer of base, or inner?

Regards

Ross

20220514_084659.jpg

20220514_084733.jpg

26 minutes ago, clockboy said:

absolutely make sure the spring and the tweezers are de magnetised.

👍 . Added to this i found the best method for me when i started was to use a bit of rodico on a filed down toothpick to pick up the spring and bring it into position and then hold it while feeding the ends in with a lightly shaped oiler. Watching the oiler bend slightly under tension gave me percertion of how much force i was using, something you dont get with tweezers or pegwood. I now use tweezers to pick up and hold the spring but still use the oiler to feed the ends into place. 

40 minutes ago, clockboy said:

.  The easiest style of spring to deal will is the trior

Is this the 3 pronged round spring clockboy ?

16 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I have a theory about transient micro worm holes. They pop in and out of existence, items disappear, items reappear. I'll win a Nobel prize when proved correct. 

That must be where my spare cash goes then as i never remember  spending it. Problem is it just doent reappear 😢

15 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

👍 . Added to this i found the best method for me when i started was to use a bit of rodico on a filed down toothpick to pick up the spring and bring it into position and then hold it while feeding the ends in with a lightly shaped oiler. Watching the oiler bend slightly under tension gave me percertion of how much force i was using, something you dont get with tweezers or pegwood. I now use tweezers to pick up and hold the spring but still use the oiler to feed the ends into place. 

Is this the 3 pronged round spring clockboy ?

That must be where my spare cash goes then as i never remember  spending it. Problem is it just doent reappear 😢

Ross bere with me mate. My ffing phone is doing my head in

21 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

As Requested. These are the most that I can expand the camera view, 10x. I have place the spring on top and tried to side the bar into the gap. No joy. Do I need to place the bar down into the outside surround and attempt to slide it under? If so, can can anyone tell me which side. Outer of base, or inner?

Regards

Ross

20220514_084659.jpg

20220514_084733.jpg

Ok im back , bloody phone was peeing me off not loading up. You have an inca or lyre spring i cant remember which. Inca i think , either way its going back in. Use the method i discribed earlier with a small piece of rodico and a fine oiler. Hang on a min missus is wanting me now

Shock spring if locked in the housing would not come out   in ultrasonic.

The housing best be removed now, best to slide it out towards the inside, fit and lock the spring  and reinsert back into the hole, avoid forcing the spring.

You would have a chance to adjust for end shake when reinserting the housing. 

45 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

Will do. Thank you

Hi ross. As far as i know the spring doesn't go in horizontally.  Have you tried standing it up on end and locating it into the recess on the right hand side of the setting on your photo. Then lower it down and locate the two arms in with an oiler. Use rodico to hold it in place while you do this. This where a microscope comes in very handy.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

2 hours ago, rossjackson01 said:

'm in the same boat.

My incabloc spring came lose when in the ultrasonic.

While you may be in the same boat it's always best to start a new discussion because it becomes extremely confusing when your discussions now the end of another discussion and then people are quoting the previous discussion mixed in with your discussion and are you in the exact same boat really?

Then your picture I magnified it stepped out something and circled a couple of things. Well technically I circled one thing is a little protruding finger that's good it's supposed to be there. But on the other side it seems to be invisible or missing? That's very very bad. Both parts have to exist or the spring will just fallout all by itself.

something missing.JPG

13 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

While you may be in the same boat it's always best to start a new discussion because it becomes extremely confusing when your discussions now the end of another discussion and then people are quoting the previous discussion mixed in with your discussion and are you in the exact same boat really?

Then your picture I magnified it stepped out something and circled a couple of things. Well technically I circled one thing is a little protruding finger that's good it's supposed to be there. But on the other side it seems to be invisible or missing? That's very very bad. Both parts have to exist or the spring will just fallout all by itself.

something missing.JPG

Well spotted john 👍. One side is broken. This is why i always advocate using a microscope