Omega weird balance

Hey

Not seen a balance like this before. I need to adjust the regulator (it's a bit fast) the last 2 pics show a hole in the side. Is there supposed to be something in the hole to adjust the tension spring on top. If so it's got to be long for a full adjustment and very small. 

What's it called? 

Sorry my terminology sucks but just about got main parts remembered. 

Cheers

Gary

IMG_20200518_183456.jpg

IMG_20200518_183458.jpg

IMG_20200517_190718.jpg

IMG_20200517_190713.jpg

17 minutes ago, spectre6000 said:

remaining stable in the event of a shock.

it's a shame we didn't get a model number? By theory having the screw allows fine adjustments and an absolute of no movement in a impact for instance is a minor flaw to that theory. Which is on some of Omega watches the regulator is floating and actually can be moved at both ends. I'm attaching a section out of the parts manual so the screw adjustment allow is a very fine adjustments but you can move the other end with the regulator pins independent.

it's important to remember this feature because sometimes you can adjust the regulator all the way to the end of the screw and be puzzled by the why the watch is either too fast or too slow because you didn't realize you could move the other end sometimes.

omega reg.JPG

45 minutes ago, spectre6000 said:

Are you saying swan neck regulators are occasionally split in a way to allow coarse and fine adjustment

yes

it depends on the model of the watch and it's not just Omega. 

2 hours ago, gary17 said:

Can I remove the swan neck part to insert the screw. Don't want to damage spring if I miss the damn hole. 

You can. May not make it easier though. You could also remove the balance cock if you think that'd help; more to hold onto/easier to control.

If you have a really small pin vice like the one used for removing the balance wheel screws use that. That way don't have to take the bridge off because Omega hairsprings are notoriously soft and once out of confinement of the watch they like to do undesirable things and are paying to fix.

You can find that screw at Cousins by searching for OME3403 in the search box. They usually aren’t listed under the individual movements.

Now then, who’s up for the obvious quiz. Without further info, what is the movement from those pictures? I’m going for Omega 751 or 752...