Happy to be here!

Born in 1968, I was fascinated by my dad's Tissot automatic as i grew up in the 70's -- when everybody else was winding their watch. I begged for and got a watch (hardware store Timex) for my First Communion and have it somewhere around. When I had my first decent, high school, summer job I bough a Seiko Turtle by accident. It was the only automatic, that wasn't a Rolex, that I could find in Metro Boston, MA in the summer of 1985! I paid it off over the course of the summer. Great watch then, great watch now.

Although I have a few Swiss watches (Tissot and Oris), I've found my way here through watch modding. I have done several mods and fully-from-parts builds of Seikos and Vostoks. Along the way I have either damaged or picked up defective movements. Through watching Mark's 7s26 overhaul video, I was able to replace the bad balance assembly in a new NH36 (Invicta OEM), where the spring came lose, with one from a new 7s26 (SNK789 OEM with a problem seconds pinion). I didn't think I'd get into repairs/servicing, but now I'm hooked. (Braking grease - love it!)

Additionally, Mark's videos are just great to watch when I'm on the indoor trainer bike.

I'm excited to learn more, try more, and get better!

Turtle.jpg

Subdued2.jpg

• Like 1