1930 circa Omega to repain in Buenos Aires

Hello folks!

I came across this Omega watch belonging to family relatives, supposedly dated around 1930 based on who owned it. It appears original to me.

This watch is currently in Buenos Aires and I would like to have it professionally taken care of, to repair and delivering to it a well deserved service.

I am seeking for advise for a trustworthy and friendly watchmaker in Buenos Aires who would be happy to take this job. I have zero experience on watchmakers Argentina so I relay on your help :)

Sure we need to refit a new crown, possibly salvage the seconds hand, maybe glass replacement, plus service, mainspring and hopefully nothing more.

Thank you! see two pictures below.

Ascanio

54b20e54-42d0-4579-92ed-022d81e47624.JPG

f76cda69-3369-4910-997b-0fbc8330c502.JPG

Edited by Ascanio
typos

3 hours ago, Ascanio said:

I am seeking for advise for a trustworthy and friendly watchmaker in Buenos Aires who would be happy to take this job. I have zero experience on watchmakers Argentina so I relay on your help :)

I think that including yourself this forum has perhaps two or three members from Argentina and maybe ten from Latina America, so I doubt you will have much feedback here. I have lived extensively in BsAs but didn't had any occasion to deal with watchmakers and actually can't remember noticing any during my stays. I suggest you look for some collector's group on social media and then the good old yellow pages. If you can't find any you would have to you ship it abroad, the UK has various professionals working by post with reasonable prices and good reputation. You would stipulate that is shipped back registered mail you a return from repair with a nominal declared value, and save outgoing shipping papers to prove that in cases it is stopped in customs. 

16 hours ago, jdm said:

I think that including yourself this forum has perhaps two or three members from Argentina and maybe ten from Latina America, so I doubt you will have much feedback here.

Thank you for your answer, jdm.

Actually I live in Italy but the watch happens to be in BA from relatives. Before considering shipping the watch around the World, I would not surrender to the idea that there are no good watchmakers in an amazing place like Buenos Aires. 

I'll keep looking/asking around for a while.

Thanks!

There's a Spanish watch forum with quite some members from Argentina, I'm sure they can help you to find a good watchmaker in BsAs. It's called "Relojes Especiales".

Thank you aac58! I’ll be posting there!
All the best
Ascanio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk