Hello All!

Maxppp

Hello everyone!

A brief intro; I 'lucked' into a cheap mechanical watch a few weeks ago (it cost about as much as the postage!).
Ever since, I've been wearing it every day, and have been fascinated by the engineering involved.

A few days ago I purchased a second mechanical watch, an Oris with a Cal 292 movement (pictured below), which also had an equally brief description, however this time I wasn't so lucky as it did not work.

I've been reading forums, books and watching videos and now have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical watches, which seems to further ignited my interested.

I intend to attempt some sort of repair in the coming weeks, so you may see me again posting in the relevant section!

Hope to speak to you all,

Cheers 

IMG_20200515_145004.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Oris 292 is an in-house production, pin pallet, seven jewels and shock protection is not the usual kif, make sure you don't loose balance jewels ( hard to find) . During strip down, feel of side shake on all arbours and end shake on balance, scape wheel aren't so securely mountable on escape arbour( be careful with it) . proper lubing is more crucial than fully jeweled versians.