Completed project watch

Hello fellow watch lovers, I have just completed a build from part sourced from various sellers. It turned out to be the best build for me yet and I have 20200515_234824.thumb.jpg.5a1f8974dc75d6bbfaf0883500906b5d.jpg20200516_002855.thumb.jpg.a7dff742bc011aa2ae29e1930a9c722a.jpg20200515_230958.thumb.jpg.5b4a2db673437c4ac5f2257022d8cc7c.jpg20200515_231021.thumb.jpg.cc984a60524ca30223d95ef9ec48c65f.jpg20200516_002734.thumb.jpg.1bfcec482231023448dab44ebd6dc109.jpg20200516_002831.thumb.jpg.43831cb8e5f8fdf769aa46ead7ec9536.jpgreally amazed myself and the skills I had to exercise on this timepiece.  I have impressed myself with this one and it is a stunner with a salmon dial. The NATO strap is very lovely on this timepiece.  I apologize for the lack of details on this beauty, Enjoy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You done very good a good looking watch for sure, you can be proud.
Is it based on a Landeron 48 or similar?

PS. Just a tip. the chronograph hand should just reach the outer perimeter of the seconds , now its just a tad to long ;)

I fabricated the second hand because they are impossible to find. I cut it down and bent the tip like the vintage hands a little to miss the crystal. No Landeron movement in this one. The dial and movement and hands did not fit so I had to make them fit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just searched ebay everyday until the parts were available. This type of dial is very difficult to find. I started with a case then I found the dial that fit that case and then find a movement that will fit the case. If it doesnt fiT then just make it fit. Saw, grind, file, paint, whatever u need to do to make it fit.

1 hour ago, toptime810 said:

I just searched ebay everyday until the parts were available. This type of dial is very difficult to find. I started with a case then I found the dial that fit that case and then find a movement that will fit the case. If it doesnt fiT then just make it fit. Saw, grind, file, paint, whatever u need to do to make it fit.

What movement did you use? Is it a true chronograph? Is it mechanical or quartz?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.