New member from Sweden

CMW

I have always been interested in watches, but it is only the last year that I have tried to learn about the technical parts of the watches, how to service and repair.

Regards
C-MW

Bild123.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

The hairspring you show، needs a bit  of sorting out, coils should be evenly spaced out, concentric, flat and level. Bring the collet to center so the jewel hole is in its center, end curve should be concentric with the rest of the coils and such that moving the regulator arm dose not push the coil to a side. Mark Lovic teaches the entire task in one of his videos.

Good luck

• 7 months later...
On 5/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, rogart63 said:

Check Per Torphammar page out for translating from English to Swedish . If you haven't seen it already? 

@rogart63 I've got his book (my brother gave it to me). I've Googled his name, "English" and "Swedish" but nothing came up. Not sure what you're referring to but perhaps translating the names of watch parts? In that case I'm especially interested. Can you please provide some additional info and/or link? Thanks!

40 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

@rogart63 I've got his book (my brother gave it to me). I've Googled his name, "English" and "Swedish" but nothing came up. Not sure what you're referring to but perhaps translating the names of watch parts? In that case I'm especially interested. Can you please provide some additional info and/or link? Thanks!

Perhaps this page?

https://www.facebook.com/AmateurWatchmaking/posts/hi-watchfriendsfinaly-i-have-totally-remade-my-hompage-you-are-most-welcome-with/2083826425001416/

http://watchmaking.se/BOOK/Shop/shop.htm

• Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 2:33 PM, VWatchie said:

This page. http://watchmaking.se/

You have a good page there which translate from English to Swedish . Maybe wasn't that easy to find. As Per Torphammar name isn't on that page. Only the mailaddress. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rogart63 said:

You have a good page there which translate from English to Swedish

Found it, thanks!

Entertaining (and useful) to read the Swedish names of the parts more or less for the first time even though @HSL has taught me a lot of them (Thanks!). The names seem to have more in common with German than with English, but that doesn't come as a surprise, I suppose.

• Like 1

I think reading technical sheets is a good way to learn the parts names in Swedish, I still enjoy reading for example the Omega tech sheets from the past since they are so well illustrated and have nice explanations of the functionality and the complications. 

I attach one here for the Swedish audience, well the pictures are universal.

At the same time I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Omega 711.pdf