remove dial from a doxa pocket watch?

Hi guys!

So, I got two old Doxa Pocketwatches for my first project. First problem: I can't figure out how to remove the dial. This one is damaged but I got a second one to replace it. There are no screws at the side to remove. It came with a dust ring.

I didn't figure out the caliber number yet. Normally it should be under the balance but after removing it nothing there. 

Thankful for all your comments. Greetings, Mike

20200509_172834.jpg

20200509_182206.jpg

Hi  Its an enamel dial so will be fitted with stout copper pins holding it to the front plate , check round the edges of the watch for screws as they could be the ones , The ones high lighted look more like plate screws. have a good look round before removing screws. If you still cannot fid them slide a feeler guage under the dial and work it round slowly, it should stop when you hit a foot then make another inspection.        A photo of the sides of the watch would help.              Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MichaelM said:

but I got a second one to replace it

if your second dial has feet where would they be located on the watch? Yes that's worded bizarrely then look at the response above

31 minutes ago, MichaelM said:

hey don't make any other sense for me

enamel dials can be held in place the same as any other dials with a variety of methods. Side dial screws are common or occasionally the dial itself will have a lip and it snaps onto a movement  main plate but you can see the lip. Really old dials  when used tapered pins but you have to build get to the  pins so they're always visible. I'm attaching an image the other really common method is found in number one of the illustration. usually though you'll build a see that screw but on your plate and the previous reply screws that seem to have no purpose or being there are probably the dial screws. You will note in the image that if you unscrew it tightens the dial. So you actually want to screw it in the words to loosen the dial and you're trying to get it into one of the slots where the foot can come out which unfortunately you can't see it. then one minor little problem the screws marked above might not actually be the dial feet screws it may be the screws next to the OS. The easy way to tell is attempt to screw the screw in plate screws should be tight the dial screws will move.

dial feet.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the number 1 type is common BUT,  have not seen the foot hidden from sight ! if this is the ,  1/4 turn to the left should loosen it.  and then use a feeler gage under the dial to locate the foot.  you may  have turn the screw heads a little and the dial should fall off.    good luck.  let us know.      vin 

• Like 1