Question

I actually have a couple problems I could use some help with. I’ll start with the more serious one I guess. I don’t have any trouble getting the back off my watches or changing the battery, but every time I use my tool to snap the back back on, something happens to the crown pin. It just lets go and comes out. I thought it was a strange occurrence the first time but I tried another one this week and got the same results. I’ve done this same thing on hundreds of other watches of different types and brands but never ran into this problem before. Can someone please help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?

Also, a couple of my watches don’t seem to be able to adjust to my teeny tiny wrist size. In my Monarch, the majority of the links don’t have holes to remove the pins. Is there any other way to remove a couple links. Any advice would be appreciated immensely!!!

1 answer to this question

With the back off, is the stem secure? Can you pull it out to setting mode, then push it back in a couple of times, and it stays in the watch? Then I can only imagine the caseback is somehow depressing the release when you press it on. Maybe you can post some photos of the movement and the inside of the caseback.

Edited by Klassiker
spelling

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Misshollypocket
      Hi there, 
      I’m having a really difficult time getting the screw links out of my Nixon Faucet and now my new Fossil watch. I’ve watched a bunch of videos on how to remove this type of link from watches, but none of them look like these. For one, a lot of the screw links I’ve seen in the video are flush to the link and seem to be in tight. Also, many of them have those arrows pointing to which side to take it out from. Neither of my watches are like that. In both cases, the screws are sunk in below the end of the link, there are screws on both sides of the link and no arrows, and finally and most frustrating, the screws don’t feel tightly screwed. I have no trouble twisting them. But I can twist em all day long and not have them move at all to come out. I was following the ol ‘righty tighty, lefty loosey’ thing as I expected was proper but hasn’t done a thing to get the screws out of either watch, so I tried breaking the rules and going other way, figuring the worst could happen is I’d tighten it but it still hasn’t gotten me anywhere. Can someone please give me some advice? Any tips or tricks you can think of cuz my idea tank is outta gas. Ha 
      Thanks in Advance,
      holly
    • By JJM
      Is this a rubber 'O' ring in here? 
      Not too sure how to approach replacing this.... 
      Or do I just hit it with my chequebook? 
    • By Trevelyan
      Hi, new to repairing, just getting my feet wet, so be prepared for me to use incorrect language, and have things explained like I'm 5 :)
      A couple years ago, I purchased a Seiko Sportsmatic Weekdater, cal. 6619-7050. 
      Soon after purchase, the crown detached from the stem, and I took it in to local watchmaker for repair. It was returned in apparently good shape, but actually the problem still exists. 
      I'd like to learn how to fix the problem, and hopefully bring this watch back to my wrist. 
      It appears that the crown screws onto the stem, but that is as far as I have got. 
      Any assistance would be welcomed. I did find a service manual elsewhere, but I'm a bit lost as it's my first. 

Seiko Sportmatic 6619A.pdf
    • By Furqan
      Hello Everyone.
      I need some help with repairing my Emporio Armani ar-1922.
      I've watched some videos on YouTube but none of them resemble the movement of this particular watch.
      My first problem is removing the stem/crown. I cannot see anything which looks like it will release the stem and I don't want to poke around inside it any more for fear of creating any damage.
      Any help will be much appreciated.
      Thanks.

• By Joshua
      Hey, so I have a question. I've got an Invicta dive watch with a NH35A movement here that whenever I unthread the stem and crown as it is unthreading the date starts changing. Once its unthreaded I can change it to the 1, 2 and 3 positions and set and wind it accordingly. How can I fix this and what is causing this? 

Yours truly, Josh