Hello from USA and Romania

Hello World of Watchrepairtalk,

I'm new to watches and old in the same time from the perspective of a user. I always loved watches since I was 6 years old, I always enjoyed the idea of tracking the time and know where I'm in the day. I loved and like all of them: quartz as my old Montana with multiple melodies, the old Atlantic that my father used to wear, or my first triad Luch , Raketa and Pobeda, Eastern European watches from Soviet Union and so on. I remember breaking a lot of them, I remember the mechanical watches used to be so sensitive, or maybe it was just me the one that didn't took enough care when either I tried to dismantle or wearing them. After my first love with mechanical watches, I started using mainly quartz watches for a long period of TIME. My last seven years during the new revolution with the smartwatches I started wearing a lot of them, probably dozens, when suddenly one fake face dial on my smartwatch flickered something in my memory... Why should I wear a fake watch analog dial when I can have the original...!!?? And now here I'm.. Right now I'm back to the beginning. But this time is here to stay with me until the end. I want to regulate and fix my own watches, I want to know everything I can learn about this wonderful world of mechanical watches and horology. I don't want to be a watchmaker because I think is too late for me, I'm just a watch user that wants to go a step further into this wonderful world of watches. I mean the real watches.

Thank you Mark for your courses and thank you to all watch lovers for sharing your knowledge with us within this forum.

Johnny from the deep,

PS: I apologies for my english but is not my first language.